Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Music is Life

I listen to probably 2-3 hours of music a day, minimum. My tastes vary pretty greatly, ranging from Nordic music to electronic music to Grunge to Progressive Metal. I grew up in a household that was constantly filled with music. We had VHS upon VHS of 80's rock and metal band concert videos that I used to watch all of the time. The one I remember the most was Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon. Add to that the huge multitude of CD's we had and it was a constant jam fest. My dad had a pair of speakers set up in the living room that were huge and he was proud of. Very proud of, and rightfully so. I probably loved those things just as much as he did, at least when I was home alone with my little brothers and I was picking the music.

I never really thought much about how much I listen to music or how much different music I listen to until my girlfriend and I were talking about it one day. Maybe she just doesn't listen to that much music. Probably not the case, though.

Alice In Chains, Metallica, Tesla, Queensryche, Megadeth; So many bands are embedded in my memory and will forever be a part of my life because they are tied to so many memories. Music helps me get into a desired state of mind, whether it was preparing for a football game or I was needing to feel some creativity. No matter what it is, music is a vital part of my life. So many different feelings and ideas can be expressed or created with and because of music.

Here is some of my recommendations for those that read this (band names):

TesseracT
TOOL
A Perfect Circle
Rage Against the Machine
Deadmau5
Nero
Chimp Spanner
Opeth
Scar Symmetry
Monuments

No comments:

Post a Comment