Sunday, September 27, 2015

Relaxation Station

My girlfriend and I bought a house together this past May. It’s a little three bedroom house in Monett. It was my grandmother’s house at one point in time. We painted before we moved all of our stuff in and let me tell you, that was an experience. We painted pretty much every room in the house over a three day period. We certainly learned a lot about how to paint. My brother got red paint on our kitchen ceiling. It’s still there. I haven’t painted over it yet. I need to. I look at it every time I’m in the living room. I just tilt my head up and chuckle a little bit to myself. How could he have done that? We also installed a water heater on our own and cabinets. The water heater was a bit of a challenge. We bought the house and it has a gas water heater, but neither of us really like gas. It makes her nervous, so we decided to go ahead a put in an electric one. We had internet at our house before we had hot water, but that was okay. Installing the cabinets was a lot easier than I expected it to be. I cut the counter tops myself. We still have to install our dish washer and the counter top over that, but I don’t think that’s going to be too hard. I want to finish the garage. I’ve purchased all of the insulation that I’ll need. Next step is dry walling, but I’m going to have to get help for that. My uncle has done a lot of construction so I’m going to see if he can give me some tips and pointer. I love that we bought a house that we can do a little bit of work on, but not too much. We didn’t want to overwhelm ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment