Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Apple Butter Makin' Days Year Dos

If you have read the previous posts about Cerberus Crafts then you have a little knowledge regarding our history with Apple Butter Makin' Days. A lot has changed since this time last year. Most of all "us" is now "I". One of my partners left for the Navy and the other now works for a utility company that involves lots of travels. This will prove to be quite interesting for me this year without the added hands.

I was uncertain that I was going to be able to have a booth at Apple Butter Makin' Days this year due to school, work, and the finances leading up to it. After much consideration and looking at what stock I had left, I determined it would be financially wise to go ahead and do it. Remember the award we won? That cut my booth cost in half this year! BOOM!

My product list this year still consists of wood burnings and Perler pieces, but I have some added Perler items that I think will get good receptions. I started making coaster sets (see picture) that are freaking awesome. Best of all, they actually work! I'm pretty excited to see what people think of them. I'm hoping that I will get some orders from people there to make and send after Apple Butter Makin' Days, something I failed at doing last go around. Not this year. I will have my handy dandy order book!

I know that I have a pretty decent stock, bigger than last year for sure, but to me it will never be enough. The uncertainty of want people will want and ask for is stressing, but its also very intriguing to see what people look at and how they react. I love the psychology of it all. Hopefully this year is as much and more of a success than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment