Friday, October 2, 2015

Halo 5

Halo 5 is less than a month away. I wish I could explain how excited I am. If I am a fanboy of anything, it is most definitely the Halo Universe. A lot of people that know what Halo is and don't like it think its just some robot shooting aliens. That could not be further from the reality of it. First of all, its not a robot. It's genetically modified and augmented super soldier that the UNSC (United Nations Space Command) created to combat human rebels in the outer colonies. Secondly, if Star Wars wasn't still a thing, Halo would be the new Star Wars. The universe is huge and has so much story to it, but because its hasn't made its way entirely into the game, people don't realize it. It is a fascinating story. The last three books to come out, which were all together a trilogy, were written by Nebula Award winner Greg Bear who is exceptionally good at "hard sci-fi". If you haven't read any of his novels, check them out. I recommend The Forge of God. 

Anyways, back to Halo 5. This is the first Halo game in the series for the Xbox One and the graphics look amazing. They say this is by far the biggest Halo game to date, as it should be. 343i's take over of the franchise has had the super-fans like me extremely excited about the future of the universe. 343i has taken it upon themselves to introduce the grand story from the novels to game and I couldn't be happier. I plan on doing my ritual for every Halo release and immediately playing through the campaign. The story is the most important part. I'm not going to jump into playing online like most others. Not when there's story to be witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment